Merlo R70.28 SPLUS wins Equipment Today’s Top 50 New ProductsApplied Machinery Sales
The editorial teams from Equipment Today and ForConstructionPros.com compiled product inquiries and web page views from new products featured in Equipment Today over a 12-month period from May 2019 to April 2020. Winning products represent the leading edge of innovation, quality, efficiency and productivity in the construction equipment field today.
Merlo’s R70.28 S PLUS rotating telehandler offers an operating capacity of 15,400 lbs. It’s compact size — 27’3” x 8’2” (stabilizers deployed 20’8”) x 10’10”— supports a lift height of 92’, a maximum lift capacity of 6,600 lbs., and a reach of 76’ that handles 1,800 lbs. Its many features include:
- Nimble maneuverability thanks to the hydrostatic transmission (up to 25 mph), electronic Eco Power Drive control, and three steering modes.
- Load Sensing and Flow Sharing hydraulic circuits seamlessly supply multiple, simultaneous boom movements with rapid 360° turret rotation for precision load placement.
- 3” ring of steel surrounding the chassis lowers the center of gravity, provides greater protection of the machine, and supplies perfect weight distribution.
- Robust Iveco 4 cylinder engine delivers 170 HP.
- 20° tilting cab supplementing Merlo’s well-known 360° operator view.
- SMART touch-control multi-functional armrest integrates two horizontal capacitive sensitive joysticks and functional controls, such as stabilizer deployment and machine suspension.
- No flex boom’s Tac-lock system is safely controlled from the cab for quick, safe connection of many attachments such as winches, jibs, hook-on-carriage, manbaskets, and buckets.
- Advanced Safety System (ASCS) collects and analyzes real-time data of the Roto’s operating parameters— load weight and position, boom extension angle, turret position, carriage rotation, and stabilizer position (when engaged) —to be displayed on the highly visible LCD.
- Four independent, multi-positional stabilizers can be individually or automatically deployed to best suit the terrain.
“The products recognized by the annual Contractors’ Top 50 New Products awards represent what contractors are seeking most to boost profitability on their construction projects,” asserts Becky Schultz, Equipment Today editor.
“The high level of interest they generated from Equipment Today readers and visitors to ForConstructionPros.com demonstrates that these are products contractors feel are capable of improving performance, efficiency and productivity on their jobsites.”
Additional information on the award recipients can be found in the September issue of Equipment Today and on ForConstructionPros.com.
Applied Machinery Sales (AMS) is the official importer and distributor of world-class Merlo telehandlers. AMS offers dealer opportunities, floor-planning, sales, service, and training. AMS is located in Rock Hill, SC.www.ams-merlo.com / 803-327-4949 / email@example.com