Co-Op Program Guidelines
Two Step Claim Submission Process:
Along with this form, please submit the required documentation as outlined on the Co-op Advertising Claim Form.
How it Works
Applied Machinery Sales (AMS) has created a Co-op Program for each participating dealer. Claims, based on these percentages, will be honored as long as the below criteria is met.
- Print Media: 50%
- Trade Shows: 35%
- Digital Media: Case-by-case (see criteria below)
- Does the activity serve to further the sales of AMS-Merlo products?
- Is the overall cost of the activity reasonable and makes good business sense?
In any advertising, when combining AMS-Merlo products with non – competitive products of any kind, Applied Machinery Sales will limit its participation to the pro-rated share of the cost of the advertising based on the actual percentage of the space devoted to AMS-Merlo products. Claims will not be processed for any advertising that includes competitive products. Advertisements cannot include deceptive information or product claims, or be unlawful in any manner whatsoever.
The MERLO logo and/or product name must appear prominently. Simple product listings do not qualify for Co-op dollars. MERLO’s logos cannot be altered or used in colors other than that of the company. Contact the AMS marketing department for an approved copy of the logos email@example.com
Specific Advertising Venues
- Newspapers / Magazines / Shoppers / Inserts
A full-page tear-sheet of the ad, as well as a publishers invoice showing the date of the ad, size of the ad, and total cost of the ad, less all discounts, is required as proof of performance.
- Circular / Flyers / Mailings
Documented charges for the pro-rated share of flyers, circular and other direct mail materials devoted to AMS-Merlo products will be honored. A copy of the mailer, the printer’s invoice including date of the ad, cost of printing and postal receipts for the quantity mailed are required as proof of performance.
- Trade Shows
An official letterhead or flyer or email of invitation, and/or invoice from the tradeshow sponsor, fully describing the expenses to be incurred as a participant in the show, is required as proof of performance. Documented and fully described charges for the pro-rated share of show expenses devoted to AMS-Merlo products will be honored. Photos of Merlo equipment within contracted space are requested.
- Websites / Internet
Applied Machinery Sales does not offer Co-op funds for building of websites, but does offer funds for event specific digital advertising on a case-by-case application. Eblasts, only when utilizing an outside media provider, are eligible for Co-op. Linking to the MERLO products’ site is always allowed: https://ams-merlo.com
An outdoor company invoice clearly identifying the MERLO billboard, actual costs and locations, as well as an affidavit of performance including a photo of the billboard in place and date is required.
- Yellow Pages and similar listing types
Applied Machinery Sales does not offer Co-op funds for Yellow Pages, EBAY, Craig’s List or similar listing type advertising.
- Radio / Television
Commercials must be exclusively devoted to your store and MERLO products. No other items may be mentioned. MERLO must be mentioned once every fifteen seconds of broadcast air – time. A certified copy of the radio / TV script, and an invoice copy or station affidavit for the same, indicating dates, frequency, length and time, as well as total cost of broadcast, less all discounts, must be included as proof of performance. TV advertising requires prior approval.
- Other Co-Op Claims
If you are participating in media not outlined above, please contact Applied Machinery Sales at firstname.lastname@example.org regarding other media for consideration. Other promotional efforts such as trip incentives, sponsored events, sales meetings, open houses or merchandise giveaways are acceptable, but must be pre-approved by Applied Machinery Sales Marketing Department or Applied Machinery Sales representative in conjunction with the Vice President of Applied Machinery Sales. Proof of performance requirements will be discussed at the time of approval. Failure to receive prior approval may result in disallowing the claim.
This program may be amended or terminated at any time by Applied Machinery Sales given thirty (30) days written notice.
In addition to the forms below, please submit the required documentation as outlined on the Co-op Advertising Claim Form.
Of Special Note for Event/Trade Shows, after the event is closed please submit:
- Copy of any official notification of the event showing your participation
- Copy of the Net Invoice from the Event
- Photo of Merlo equipment within the contracted space
Note: If you are using an agency, all Co-op requests must still be submitted by you, our Dealer.
Submit all claims within 60 days of the date of the publication, event, etc. Claims received by Applied Machinery Sales
beyond 60 days after the publication will NOT be processed.
How Claims Are Processed
Upon receipt of the claim(s), providing we have received sufficient proof of performance, the dealer will be issued a check from Applied Machinery Sales at the earliest possible date. Insufficient documentation will delay claim processing. Co-op claims cannot be deducted from an invoice remittance by your company, and will not be honored. Charge backs will be issued. This practice is in violation of FTC (Fair Trade Commission) guidelines for advertising allowance. Unauthorized deductions confuse both our records and yours. These will be treated as open and delinquent accounts.
No check will be issued to any dealer whose accounts receivable is 90 days past due.
All claims will be verified and approved by Applied Machinery Sales, whose determination is conclusive.
CO-OP ADVERTISING PRE-APPROVAL REQUEST FORM
CO-OP ADVERTISING CLAIM FORM
HOW TO GET PAID:
FOR NEWSPAPERS & MAGAZINES, SUBMIT:
- Original full page tearsheet for each ad claimed.
- Original or notarized copy of media invoice showing size, rate & cost of each ad.
FOR TRADE SHOWS, SUBMIT:
- Claim form must declare % of Merlo equipment to be displayed within the contracted space.
- Photo of space showing Merlo Equipment.
- Copy of Invoice/Space Agreement required.
FOR NEWSPAPER INSERTS, SUBMIT:
- Original completed copy of insert.
- Original or notarized copy of printer’s invoice.
- Original newspaper invoice(s) showing insertion charges.
FOR OUTDOOR ADVERTISING, SUBMIT:
- Photo of actual billboard(s).
- Original sign agency invoice identifying cost of outdoor sign(s).
- Institute of Outdoor Advertising (IOA) approved affidavit of performance.
FOR CATALOGS AND DIRECT MAIL, SUBMIT:
- Original completed copy of piece.
- Original or notarized copy of printer’s invoice.
- Post Office mailing receipt/proof of distribution.
FOR TELEVISION AND RADIO, SUBMIT:
- Original station invoice detailing spots run and cost information.
- Copy of script with ANA/RAB (radio), ANA/TVB (TV), or ANA/CAB (cable) certification.
FOR ALTERNATIVE MEDIA (Digital Advertising):
- Prior-Approval is required before advertising in any Alternative
- Proof of advertising, as appropriate, is required.